- Research using animals presents unique hazards related to naturally occurring pathogenic organisms which may be transmitted from the animals and infect the people working with and caring for these animals. Similarly, humans may transmit diseases to animals.
- All animals to be studied in the MRI must be enclosed in a suitable fully-enclosed and ventilated container with filtered exhaust.
2. Animal Waste Removal Procedure
- All animal waste from the MRI must be kept enclosed in the original container.
- Animal carcasses and any animal waste must be disposed of as per usual Queen’s disposal practices.