Equipment Handling and Procedures
- Execution of an MRI study often requires the utilization of a number of pieces of equipment aside from the MRI system itself. There are many different stimulus and monitoring devices available of which one or more may be used in any given experiment.
- Many pieces of equipment in the 3T MRI Facility are supplied by the facility and shared amongst the investigators. There is also equipment stored in the facility that is specific to a certain fMRI study and is owned by the investigator and/or group performing the study.
2. Equipment Handling and Procedures
- Equipment owned by the facility may be used by all investigators, for studies performed at the 3T MRI Facility. It is the responsibility of the investigator and/or experimental support personnel to ensure that the equipment they use is functional before beginning the experiment and after completion of the experiment.
- If a piece of equipment is found to be not working, it is the responsibility of the investigator and/or experimental support personnel to inform the facility of the equipment and its current state.
- Equipment that is labeled as belonging to a specific group is to be used by that group only. Other investigators are not permitted to use labeled items unless they have received consent from the owning group.
- Please use courtesy in handling all equipment in the 3T MRI Facility. Many of the items are very expensive and some are irreplaceable. Upon completion of a study, please turn off every piece of equipment that was turned on for use during the study.