Applications must be made directly to the School of Graduate Studies and should be comprised of:
- The application form which is found on line at http://www.queensu.ca/sgs/prospective-students/application-process .
- Two official transcripts from each university previously attended.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors under whom the applicant has studied.
- A application fee is required in order to submit an application. If filling out the on-line application form you will be asked to pay this by credit card before you submit your final application. If using a paper application please send a certified cheque or money order payable to Queen's University.
In addition to the Application Form, the Recommendation Forms and the transcripts, the Centre for Neuroscience Studies requires the following:
- Neuroscience Statement of Interest. Please use the Statement of Interest web form to submit your preferences for potential supervisors and areas of research. Alternatively, please complete all of the pages in the Statement of Interests form and submit to Lucy Russo-Smith or forward a hard copy to Centre for Neuroscience Studies, Botterell Hall, room 234, 18 Stuart Street, Kingston, ON K7L 3N6 .
- A current curriculum vitae. This should include a list of all submitted publications, abstracts presented and awards held (if applicable).
- If you are submitting a paper application please include a list of courses currently enrolled in.
Required documentation can be submitted electronically to Lucy Russo-Smith. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all required documentation is submitted. Only applications that are complete in all respects will be considered by the admissions committee. Although it is not a condition for acceptance into the program, all applicants are urged to seek external funding.
Information on awards and scholarships can be found at the following page from the School of Graduate Studies: http://www.queensu.ca/sgs/awards-scholarships